Foxborough June Home Sales Increase
Foxborough's June home sales jumped from 2010.
June home sales in Foxborough increased from sales in 2010, according to newly released data.
The data, compiled by real estate information firm The Warren Group, showed a total of 18 homes were sold in town in June, increasing from only 13 in June 2010.
For the year to date, sales are also up, 57 to 60.
Statewide, home sales plummeted by more than 23 percent year-over-year. According to the data, the state saw 4,313 homes sold in the month, down from 5,639 last year.
Warren Group CEO Timothy Warren said in a statement that, although some of the decline could be attributed to the expiration of the homebuyer tax credit, that was not the whole story.
"This year's sales slump is carrying on as we compare the level of home sales in 2011 to the inflated number of sales driven by last year's homebuyer tax credits," he said. "However, June is typically one of the busiest months of the year for real estate closings. It is disappointing to see such a sharp decline."
"Since June is the last month affected by the homebuyer tax credit, we're hopeful that coming months will bring some positive news," he added.
Here are the home sales numbers for area towns:
- Dover's June home sales fell from eight to five, year-over-year. Year to date sales are also down, from 29 to 18.
- Easton saw its June sales fall more than 53 percent, from 16 to 13. Year to date sales dropped from 51 to 41.
- Mansfield had an increase in June home sales, going from 15 last year to 23 last month. For the year to date, sales are down, from 61 to 54.
- Medfield's June home sales fell by a third, from 24 to 16, while year to date sales declined from 68 to 51.
- Norfolk had its June home sales drop sharply, from 19 to eight, while year to date sales have fallen from 49 to 34.
- Norton's June home sales declined by nearly 30 percent, from 27 to 19. For the year thus far, sales have fallen from 70 to 51.
- Norwood had a slight drop in sales, falling from 28 to 25. Year to date sales are also down, from 86 to 74.
- Plainville saw a small increase in home sales for June, going from eight to nine. Year to date sales are down, though, from 31 to 24.
- Sharon's home sales declined significantly in June, falling from 39 to 21. Year to date sales fell by nearly 20 percent, form 88 to 72.
- Stoughton June home sales dropped from 22 to 17, while year to date sales fell from 88 to 70.