Foxborough Child Development Center Evacuated for Smell of Gas
Teachers and students were evacuated from The Learning Experience on Main Street in Foxborough Friday because of a smell of gas, according to police.
Teachers and students from The Learning Experience on Main Street in Foxborough were evacuated form the child development center Friday after Foxborough police and fire received a report of a smell of gas in the building.
Foxborough fire and police responded to the scene shortly after 5 p.m. and promptly evacuated the building before beginning its investigation. Students and teachers filed into nearby Pizza Time while Foxborough Fire entered the child development center to begin its investigation.
Police said the incident was “nothing significant” and that the fire department was simply “responding to a smell of gas call.”
The Learning Experience was scheduled to be open until 6:30 p.m. Friday. Programs at the child development center range from infants (age 6 weeks) to pre-schoolers (age 5) and children up to eight years old.
It was unknown how many students and staff were in the building at the time of the evacuation. Police reported no injuries on scene.