Best Places to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Foxborough
Here, the Patch guide to St. Patrick's Day in Foxborough, from the best Guinness pours to the most delicious Irish dinners and celebrations.
Maybe you aren't as Irish as St. Patrick himself (who was kidnapped and sent to Ireland as a slave, escaped in 409 and returned to Ireland in 432, believing he had been called upon to spread the word of God) but on March 17, everyone's a little Irish.
So, check out these local St. Patrick's Day events and celebrations happening in Foxborough.
Waxy O’Connor’s Irish Pub & Restaurant, 121 Main St., Foxborough
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Foxborough at the traditional Irish pub serving traditional Irish food, along with pub food favorites like burgers and pizza.
Call (508) 698-9299 for more information on St. Patrick’s Day specials and events.
St. Patrick's Day Weekend at Tastings
Saturday, March 16: Chef Lacy is putting his spin on traditional Irish fare with a special St. Patrick's Day Prix Fixe menu that will be available in addition to Tastings' regular menu on Saturday PLUS WaWayz & Meansyz & Means on Saturday night starting at 9 p.m.
Sunday, March 17: Chef Lacy is putting his spin on traditional Irish fare with a special St. Patrick's Day Prix Fixe menu that will be available in addition to Tastings regular menu
Fourth Annual Irish Festival at Patriot Place
The luck of the Irish will be all around Foxborough next weekend as visitors flock to Patriot Place for the complex's fourth annual Irish Festival.
The popular event will feature live performances by Irish musicians and step dancers, Irish food and Irish-themed activities for children. Joshua Tree, the nation’s premier U2 tribute band, will headline the live musical performances. Joshua Tree’s appearance is presented by “Life is good,” which will host St. Patrick’s Day festivities in its Patriot Place store throughout the day, with face painting and giveaways. Among others performers will be The Exiles, a traditional Irish instrumental dance group, and The Stuart Highlanders, a pipe and drum band specializing in the art of bagpipes. The day will also feature Irish step dancing performances by The Harney Academy of Walpole and the Dunleavy Shaffer School of Irish Dance of Norwell.
All live performances will be on the main stage in front of “Life is good” unless otherwise noted:
- 6 a.m. - Breakfast Buffet at Bar Louie
- 9:45 a.m. - High Voltage perform at “Life is good”
- 11 a.m. - Foxborough Art Association art show and paint out
Enjoy bounce houses, visit with Revolution mascot, Slyde and the Revs Girls, and meet the street team from Boston’s New AMP 103.3 at the New England Revolution FunZone next to Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro.
Face Painting with Susana and Friends outside the Patriot Place Activity Center
Enter your little leprechauns into the FishOARmajig contest brought to you by Fanautical by stopping by the store to sign up for the best Irish jig dance battle at noon.
- Noon - “Life is good” St. Patrick’s Day party with coloring, fun, games and more!
- 12:15 p.m. - Harney Irish Step Dancers perform
- 12:30 p.m. - Stuart Highlanders perform
- 1 p.m. - Devri perform
- 1 p.m. - Boston Blades professional women’s hockey team kicks off the Bruins viewing party at CBS Scene Restaurant & Bar
- 2 p.m. - Dunleavy Irish Step Dancers perform
- 2 p.m. - Boston Blades professional women’s hockey team signs autographs and greets crowds at the main stage
- 2 p.m. - Story time with a very special guest Leprechaun at Old Navy (2-4 p.m.)
- 2:30 p.m. - William O’Wayz Band perform
- 2:30 p.m. - Sullivan School of Dance performs live at Old Navy
- 3 p.m. - Luck of the Irish Creation Station at the Patriot Place Activity Center
- 3 p.m. - Hughie and Ger perform inside CBS Scene Restaurant & Bar
- 3 p.m. - Join the MIX 104.1 Street Team outside of Bar Louie for prizes, giveaways and more
- 3:30 p.m. - Sullivan School of Dance performs
- 4 p.m. - Joshua Tree presented by “Life is good”
- 9 p.m. - Wayz & Means perform at Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro
Wear Green for Free Admission to The Hall at Patriot Place Presented by Raytheon
On both Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, March 17, The Hall at Patriot Place presented by Raytheon will offer free admission to anyone wearing green New England Patriots gear.
TELL US: What are your St. Patrick's Day plans? Share with us in the comments below. And don't forget to upload a photo of you in your green attire!