5 Things: St. Patrick’s Day, Irish Festival, Spring Fling & More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough this weekend, March 16-17.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Sunny Weekend in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for partly sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Saturday night: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 21. Calm wind. Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Sunday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 20. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.
2. Foxborough High School Drama Club Presents ‘Anything Goes’
The Foxborough High School Drama Club has been busy prepping for next weekend’s spring musical, “Anything Goes” by Cole Porter, which will showcase the collective work of 22 FHS students.
“Twenty-two students worked on and built the ship that is used for the set,” said Foxborough High School Drama Club Director Joan Marino.
Students playing lead roles in the musical are:
- Sydney Raymond
- Shane Walsh
- Alex Procaccini
- Mollie Madigan
- Jamie Engler
- Tom Donelly
A student pit band will also be performing during the musical. Marino describes the production as a “hilarious musical comedy.”
“A cast of zany characters, played by 18 students, is let loose on a ship heading to London,” said Marino. “With romance and slapstick comedy and gangsters and angels, chaos inevitably ensues.”
The show begins Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. in the high school auditorium. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students.
3. Taylor Elementary School’s Spring Fling is Saturday
Taylor Elementary School will be holding its annual Spring Fling Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event transforms the school into a carnival atmosphere and features games, crafts and refreshments that the whole family can enjoy. Kids can race their friends through the obstacle course, bounce till they drop in the moonwalk, try their luck at games to win prizes. Meet our balloon guy! Visit Taylor Hospital! Win a raffle basket! And that's not all - cookie decorating, face painting and much more. Snow or shine!
4. Patriot Place Events:
Here’s what’s happening around Patriot Place this weekend:
- Saturday & Sunday - Artist's Studio & Gallery Spring Art Show: Visit the Annual Spring Art Show featuring the works of the Foxboro Art Association with over a hundred pieces of artwork on display from over 60 different local artists.
- Saturday - St. Patrick's Day Weekend at Tastings: Chef Lacy is putting his spin on traditional Irish fare with a special St. Patrick's Day Prix Fixe menu that will be available in addition to Tastings’ regular menu on Saturday PLUS WaWayz & Meansyz & Means on Saturday night starting at 9 p.m.
- Sunday - St. Patrick's Day Weekend at Tastings: Chef Lacy is putting his spin on traditional Irish fare with a special St. Patrick's Day Prix Fixe menu that will be available in addition to Tastings’ regular menu.
- 10 a.m. - Sunday Brunch at Skipjack's: Come to Skipjack's for brunch Sunday and enjoy live jazz music.
5. Fourth Annual Irish Festival at Patriot Place Schedule
All live performances will be on the main stage in front of “Life is good” unless otherwise noted:
- 6 a.m. - Breakfast Buffet at Bar Louie
- 9:45 a.m. - High Voltage perform at “Life is good”
- 11 a.m. - Foxborough Art Association art show and paint out
- Enjoy bounce houses, visit with Revolution mascot, Slyde and the Revs Girls, and meet the street team from Boston’s New AMP 103.3 at the New England Revolution FunZone next to Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro.
- Face Painting with Susana and Friends outside the Patriot Place Activity Center
- Enter your little leprechauns into the FishOARmajig contest brought to you by Fanautical by stopping by the store to sign up for the best Irish jig dance battle at noon.
- Noon - “Life is good” St. Patrick’s Day party with coloring, fun, games and more!
- 12:15 p.m. - Harney Irish Step Dancers perform
- 12:30 p.m. - Stuart Highlanders perform
- 1 p.m. - Devri perform
- Boston Blades professional women’s hockey team kicks off the Bruins viewing party at CBS Scene Restaurant & Bar
- 2 p.m. - Dunleavy Irish Step Dancers perform
- Boston Blades professional women’s hockey team signs autographs and greets crowds at the main stage
- Story time with a very special guest Leprechaun at Old Navy (2-4 p.m.)
- 2:30 p.m. - William O’Wayz Band perform
- Sullivan School of Dance performs live at Old Navy
- 3 p.m. - Luck of the Irish Creation Station at the Patriot Place Activity Center
- Hughie and Ger perform inside CBS Scene Restaurant & Bar
- Join the MIX 104.1 Street Team outside of Bar Louie for prizes, giveaways and more
- 3:30 p.m. - Sullivan School of Dance performs
- 4 p.m. - Joshua Tree presented by “Life is good”
- 9 p.m. - Wayz & Means perform at Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro