5 Things: Selectmen to Review Jake n JOES License Application, Trivia Night at CBS Scene, Register Kids for Teddy Town & More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Feb. 19.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Rainy Tuesday in Foxborough with a High Near 48
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for showers likely, mainly after 4 p.m. Increasing clouds, with a high near 48. Light southwest wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Tuesday night: Rain and snow showers before 2 a.m., then a slight chance of snow showers. Low around 29. South wind 6 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
2. Selectmen Meet to Review Alcohol License Application for Jake n JOES
Foxborough’s Board of Selectmen will meet Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Andrew Gala Meeting Room of Town Hall to review Jake n JOES’ All Alcohol Restaurant License at 25 Foxboro Blvd. Selectmen approved the license this past August but Town Manager Kevin Paicos recently reported the restaurant made alterations to the original floor plan submitted with the license. Those alterations must be approved by selectmen before the license can be issued to the restaurant.
Following that public hearing, selectmen are expected to review a Change of Manager application for Olive Garden at Patriot Place.
3. Water & Sewer Commissioners Meet to Discuss Capital Budget, Sewer Rate Model
Foxborough’s Board of Water & Sewer Commissioners will meet Tuesday in the Water Department Office to discuss the following business:
- Capital budget for water & sewer
- Proposed sewer rate models
- Proposed sewer service area (i.e. District Planning)
- Professional Services Policy (pertaining to authorizing and approving invoices)
4. Patriot Place Events:
Here’s a look at today’s events at Patriot Place:
- Free information session - Weight Loss Surgery: If you are thinking about weight loss surgery and have questions, come to a free information session provided by the Center for Metabolic Health and Bariatric Surgery at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital.
- 11 a.m. - Storytime at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Meet Cat in the Hat at Kids Club Storytime Tuesday.
- Noon - Zumba: Zumba with Brigham and Women’s / Mass General Health Care Center. This is a Latin dance based class that lets you adapt the pace according to your fitness level.
- 4-6 p.m. - WBZ NewsRadio 1030 at Winter Skate: Join WBZ NewsRadio 1030 at Winter Skate for fun and prizes! Record your very own news report at the WBZ Kidcast Mobile Studio.
- 7-9 p.m. - Trivia at CBS Scene: Join CBS Scene for this new and exciting concept in team trivia, using the restaurant’s state of the art HDTV's. You could win prizes provided by Massachusetts State Lottery, CBS Scene gift cards or exclusive apple products provided by Tech Superpowers - Apple Specialists of Patriot Place.
5. Foxboro Recreation Department Hosting Teddy Town
The Foxboro Recreation Department invites children, ages 4-10, to participate in Teddy Town on Thursday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the CRRA Recreation Hall. There’s only a few spots left, according to the Rec Department’s Facebook page, so register today! Children will stuff a bear with the stuffing machines, create a t-shirt, make crafts, play games and have a pizza lunch. Cost of the event is $30.
Call the Foxborough Recreation Center at (508) 543-7255 or drop off your registration. All attendees must be pre-registered.