5 Things: Selectmen Meeting, Chance of Rain and Summer Camp Workshop
Here's a look at the day ahead for Tuesday, June 26.
1. Tuesday’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8 a.m., then a chance of showers between 8 and 10 a.m., then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10 a.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 69. Northwest wind between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Tuesday night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10 p.m., then a slight chance of showers. Patchy fog before 9 p.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. West wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
2. The Foxborough Board of Selectmen will meet tonight at 6:45 in the Gala Meeting Room of Town Hall. Other meetings being held Tuesday are the Board of Assessors at 4:30 p.m. in the Assessors Office and the Southeastern Regional School Committee will meet at 6:30 p.m. at Cinema I, 250 Foundry St., South Easton.
3. Patriot Place will be holding the following events Tuesday:
- Free Family Summer Camp Workshops: Stop by the Bass Pro Shops from 1 to 5 p.m. for a Free S’mores Cookout, Shooting Range, Shooting Arcade, Casting Targets, Free Crafts, Free Photo and more.
- Storytime at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Meet Bob the Builder at Kids Club Storytime Tuesday at 11 a.m.
- Summer Sensation 2012 - Bounce Houses: Located outside of Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro, enjoy great views of Gillette Stadium as the kids bounce the day away, beginning at noon. Dates and times for this activity are subject to change and is weather permitting.
- Tuesday Night Tasting - Cloudy Bay: Stop by Tastings Wine and Bar at 7 p.m. to try the wines of New Zealand's pioneer vineyard, Cloudy Bay.
4. Tell us where the best businesses in Foxborough and Wrentham are in our Readers’ Choice call for nominations! Once you do, Foxborough Patch will officially add them to the running for the best of the best - and later this summer, they may beat out the competition to become the number one Readers’ Choice for its respective category. We will take nominations through July 9; voting begins July 23.
5. Do you know about our blogging feature on Foxborough Patch? It’s easy and a quick way to get your message out to the community! You can quickly become a "Local Voice" on the website and in the community by signing up today! It's simple – just follow these instructions. There are no deadlines or content requirements ... just your willingness to write and let your voice be heard! Write what you want about Foxborough when you want! Or, if photography is more your thing, start a photo blog to show off your great shots of the town!