5 Things: Kelsey’s Kloset Grand Opening, No School, Chance of Snow & More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Jan. 25.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Cold with a Chance of Snow Friday
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for increasing clouds, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -15. West wind 5 to 9 mph. Friday night: Snow likely, mainly between 10pm and 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 13. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
2. Kelsey’s Kloset Consignment & Boutique Grand Opening
Join Kelsey’s Kloset to celebrate the grand opening of the children's consignment and boutique located at 4 Central St. in downtown Foxborough. Come and celebrate, there will be refreshments and door prizes as well as some special surprises throughout the grand opening. All the fun begins at 10 a.m. Kelsey’s Kloset carries children's clothing and accessories for infants to boys and girls size 14. Plenty of Parking behind building.
3. Staff Development Day for Foxborough Public Schools
Friday is a staff development day for Foxborough Public School teachers, staff and administration. There will be no school for students.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- Final Round of 2013 Pond Hockey Tournament: Third Annual Pond Hockey Tournament at Winter Skate at Patriot Place – Foxboro Presented by Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare is taking place from now thru Jan. 26 with multiple competitive divisions.
The tournament takes place the week between the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl XLVII on Patriot Place’s Outdoor Refrigerated Rink. Weeknight games are played under the lights. Each team can roster up to 10 players. The league is a no-check men’s tournament with four players on the ice at one time. Games consist of two 15-minute halves. All teams play a minimum of three games.
- Artist's Studio & Gallery features Norwood High School: The Artist's Studio & Gallery at Patriot Place hosts Norwood High School displaying pieces of student art along with other artists from around the area. Stop in and check out these great pieces.
5. Rodman Spin for Kids at Stadium Fitness Saturday
Stadium Fitness will be having an open house on Saturday, Jan. 26 beginning at 7 a.m. During the open house, the fitness center will be running a 24-hour spin-a-thon to help raise money for the Rodman Ride For Kids foundation. It will also have many vendors and free workouts all weekend long. The Rodman Ride For Kids is a foundation that has been raising and donating money to at risk children since 1991. They have raised tens of millions of dollars to help at risk children's lives.