Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Hot and Steamy Saturday followed by Possible Thunderstorms Sunday
This weekend’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 90. Saturday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 67. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph. Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near 85. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Sunday night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 3 a.m. Patchy fog between 11 p.m. and midnight, then patchy fog after 1 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. West wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
2. Don't Miss Third Annual Yard Sale for a Common Cause
This huge yard sale is on the Foxborough Town Common this Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon.
Find many new and gently used items - household, baby, toys, jewelry, furniture and more. Partial proceeds go to three local charities: Foxborough Discretionary Fund, Birthday Wishes and H.U.G.S. of Foxboro.
3. '21 Jump Street' is Foxborough's Most Rented Redbox Movie Again
For the second straight week, the most rented Redbox movie in Foxborough is "21 Jump Street," starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum. Stop by your local Redbox at the Stop & Shop on Main Street and check out what your neighbors in Foxborough are renting through Redbox.
Redbox's synopsis of "21 Jump Street":
Schmidt and Jenko are more than ready to leave their adolescent problems behind. Joining the police force and the secret Jump Street unit, they use their youthful appearances to go undercover in a local high school. As they trade in their guns and badges for backpacks, Schmidt and Jenko risk their lives to investigate a violent and dangerous drug ring. But they find that high school is nothing like they left it just a few years earlier - and neither expects that they will have to confront the terror and anxiety of being a teenager again and all the issues they thought they had left behind.
Rated R by the Motion Picture Association of America for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, drug material, teen drinking and some violence.
4. These Events are Happening at Patriot Place:
- Saturday, 9 a.m. - Old Navy Sticker Saturday: Enjoy free stickers and coloring sheets handed out to the kids at Old Navy.
- Saturday, 11 a.m. - Summer Sensation 2012 - Backyard Games at Patriot Place: There is nothing like a little friendly competition at Patriot Place! Grab the kids and take part in the super sized backyard games: Checkers, Chess, Block Stack, Ladder Ball, Bean Bag Toss and more.
- Saturday, 1-5 p.m. - Free Family Summer Camp Workshops: Come to Bass Pro Shops for a free s’mores cookout, shooting range, shooting arcade, casting targets, free crafts, free photo and more!
- Saturday, 7:30 p.m. - Toronto FC vs. New England Revolution: Come see the New England Revolution take on Toronto FC at Gillette Stadium in MLS action. Today is also the first day that Gillette Stadium becomes completely smoke free.
- Saturday, 9 p.m. - Zeppelin Zone at Showcase Live: The Zeppelin Zone is a high energy, well rehearsed tribute to the legendary Led Zeppelin. Each member has years of experience in the music business and it shows.
- Saturday, 9:30 p.m. - Chad Burdick at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: Chad has performed on main stages with Alan Jackson, Reba McIntire, Willie Nelson, Jason Aldean and LeAnn Rimes to name a few and is a Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill favorite.
- Sunday, 1-5 p.m. - Free Family Summer Camp Workshops: Come to Bass Pro Shops for a free s’mores cookout, shooting range, shooting arcade, casting targets, free crafts, free photo and more!
- Sunday, 3 p.m. - Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro - Summer BBQ Series: Chef Lacy will be putting together a special selection of Small Plates that are prepared patio side on our new commercial grade grill.
- Sunday, 4 p.m. - Sounds of Summer presents Psychedelic Relics: Journey back to the Summer of Love with The Psychedelic Relics, New England’s most unique 60’s rock and blues band.
- Sunday, 6 p.m. - Sounds of Summer presents 3MF: 3MF, aka Third Man Factor, is a modern rock jam band starting to make some major waves in the Boston music scene.
Stop by The Reiki Room Saturday for something entirely new.
Join spirit messenger Anna Barnes for a night of receiving loving messages, guidance, and healing through table tipping. Table tipping is a form of mediumship known as physical mediumship, because a physical phenomenon is produced.
In this beautiful form of spirit communication, spirit of the highest vibration (angels, guides, and loved ones, including pets) will tip, tap, and spell out personal messages using the table.
Your angels and guides are always there to support and guide you and you will clearly see and feel that as you receive personal messages from them.
This hands-on experience will prove to you just how unconditional their love is for each and every one of us.
The price is $45. Payment in advance will guarantee one of seven places at the table. Contact Roberta at (508) 212-2817 to see if any spaces for Saturday are still available.