5 Things for the Weekend: July 7-8
What's happening in Foxborough this weekend?
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
- This weekend’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. on Saturday. Otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 91. West wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Saturday night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 3 a.m., then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 88. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Sunday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 58. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- AJT Supplies, Inc. on 67 Neponset Ave. in Foxborough will be holding a free do-it-yourself patio workshop and a “post holiday” BBQ Saturday, beginning at 10 a.m. AJT Supplies will show you how to install a fire pit for your backyard while providing a free BBQ for participants. The WZLK Street Team will also be on scene playing all the classic rock hits we know and love and giving away prizes.
- Mission Hill with Kingston 530, One Step Away and Ashley Jordan will be performing at Showcase Live Saturday beginning at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20. For more information on Saturday’s show, click here.
- Celebrate Charlie Masison’s 85th birthday on Sunday, July 8 at the YMCA on Mechanic Street. Friends of the former Foxborough selectman are invited to celebrate his birthday beginning at 11 a.m. Masison was an advocate for many improvements in Foxborough and on Sunday the community can help him enjoy and celebrate his birthday. RSVP and/or questions can be sent to Sandi Connors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It’s a busy weekend at Patriot Place. Here’s a schedule of events:
- 11 a.m., Saturday – Summer Sensation 2012 will hold backyard games at Patriot Place and Henry the Juggler. The backyard games features super sized checkers, chess, block stack, ladder ball, bean bag toss and more.
- 1-5 p.m., Saturday – Bass Pro Shops will hold free family summer camp workshops. The workshops include a S’mores cookout, shooting range, shooting arcade, casting targets, crafts and photos.
- 9:30 p.m., Saturday – The band “Country Mile” will perform at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill.
- 1-5 p.m., Sunday – Bass Pro Shops will hold free family summer camp workshops. The workshops include a S’mores cookout, shooting range, shooting arcade, casting targets, crafts and photos.
- 3 p.m., Sunday – Enjoy Tastings Summer BBQ Series as chef Lacy puts together a special selection of small plates prepared patio side.
- 3-5 p.m., Sunday – Patriot Place presents Sounds of Summer at the North Marketplace (stage located near Tastings), which will feature local talent this summer. The band “Eleven” takes the stage on Sunday, July 8.
- 7 p.m., Sunday – The New England Revolution host the New York Red Bulls at Gillette Stadium Sunday night.