5 Things for the Weekend: Foxborough Football Travels to Sharon, Veterans Day Events, Santa’s Wonderland and More
Here’s what’s happening in Foxborough this weekend, Nov. 10-11.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Sunny Veterans Day Weekend in Foxborough
Saturday’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for partly sunny, with a high near 50. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Saturday night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Light south wind. Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Sunday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
2. Foxborough Football Meets Sharon in Hockomock League Davenport Division Showdown
The Foxborough High School football team travels to Sharon Saturday for a huge Hockomock League Davenport Division showdown. Sharon (2-0) currently leads the Davenport Division standings but a win by Foxborough (2-1) Saturday gives the Warriors an opportunity to win the division if Canton can beat Stoughton on Thanksgiving Day. Kick off Saturday at Sharon High School is 1 p.m.
3. Veterans Day Events in Foxborough
In observance of Veterans Day on Sunday, Foxborough will be holding several events in the area this weekend, beginning with Saturday’s ceremony at Foxborough High School. Click here to view a roundup of events taking place in town this weekend.
4. Patriot Place Events:
The following events will be held at Patriot Place this weekend:
- (Saturday) PJ Party at Life is good: Join the Life is good "Dream" Team for a special in store PJ Party.
- (Saturday) - Kidtoons at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Come see Welcome to Lazytown! Admission for Kidtoons is $3.50, plus you will receive a concession coupon for a $3.50 Kid Combo.
- (Saturday) 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. - Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops - GRAND OPENING: Join Bass Pro Shops on Nov. 10th for the grand opening of Santa’s Wonderland. Enjoy a magical tree lighting, free photos with Santa, free refreshments, prizes, giveaways and more. At 5 p.m. Santa makes a special arrival, an event you don’t want to miss.
- (Saturday) 9:30 p.m. - Thirty 6 Red at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: This high-energy cover band does it all. Their philosophy is to play great songs and make sure their audience is enjoying the show from start to finish.
- (Sunday) - Kidtoons at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Come see Welcome to Lazytown! Admission for Kidtoons is $3.50, plus you will receive a concession coupon for a $3.50 Kid Combo.
- (Sunday) 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. - Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops: Join Bass Pro Shops on Nov. 10th for the grand opening of Santa’s Wonderland. Enjoy a magical tree lighting, free photos with Santa, free refreshments, prizes, giveaways and more. At 5 p.m. Santa makes a special arrival, an event you don’t want to miss.
- (Sunday) 1 p.m. - New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills: New England Patriots take on the Buffalo Bills at Gillette Stadium on Veterans Day.
5. Foxboro Youth Lacrosse Registration Begins
Registration for Foxborough Youth Lacrosse 2013 spring season begins Saturday at 8 a.m. Registration costs $145. Visit Foxborough Youth Lacrosse’s website for more information.