5 Things for the Weekend: Day 2 of Country Fest, Hunakai Studio Art Show and More
Here’s what’s happening in Foxborough this weekend, Aug. 25-26.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. A High of 80 Degrees in Foxborough Saturday
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for Patchy fog before 7 a.m. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 80. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Saturday night: Patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon. Sunday: Patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon. Sunday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. South wind 5 to 7 mph.
2. New England Country Music Festival at Gillette Stadium Featuring Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw
New England’s Country Music Festival returns to Gillette Stadium for a ninth consecutive year and seventh headlining Kenny Chesney. Performing in Foxborough Saturday is Jake Owen, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Tim McGraw and Chesney. The show begins at 4:30 p.m. Parking lots open at 1:30 p.m. Click here for five things you need to know about Country Fest this weekend.
3. Hunakai Studio of Fine Arts Faculty Art Show
The show features the artwork of Hunakai Studio's instructors – Carla Carey, Jane Ostlund, Kat Gerry, Ryan Mehigan, Brian Dow, Megan Drew, Mary Shea, Amanda Matthews, Jan Zaremba and Michael Evans.
At Hunakai Studio, all of the instructors are practicing artists in the areas that they teach, giving students another dimension to their learning experience.
The reception on Sunday, Aug. 26 is free and open to the public and will have refreshment to partake in.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- 3 to 5 p.m. (Saturday) - Davio's Country Fest Patio Picnic: Celebrate the Brothers of the Sun Tour at Davio's Country Fest Patio Picnic. Prizes, t-shirts, tickets and more.
- 9:30 p.m. (Saturday) - Chad Burdick at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: Chad has performed on main stages with Alan Jackson, Reba McIntire, Willie Nelson, Jason Aldean and LeAnn Rimes to name a few.
- 3 p.m. (Sunday) - Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro - Summer BBQ Series: Chef Lacy will be putting together a special selection of Small Plates that are prepared patio side on our new commercial grade grill.
- 4 p.m. (Sunday) - Sounds of Summer presented by Patch.com: Having performed as the lead-singer and drummer for the New England-based rock band ‘The Threats’ for 25 years, and playing on tour with over 30 international artists such as Joan Jett, Sam Kinison, and Joe Satriani, Joe Silva is now shifting gears and performing as a solo artist, both in concert and in the studio. He is one of the few true shoot-from-the-hip songsmiths of our time.
- 4:30 p.m. (Sunday) - Sounds of Summer presented by Patch.com: Matt Borrello and the Quality Dogs present a wide-ranging and energetic mix of Rock, Folk, and Blues including fresh original songs and time-tested hits.
5. Musical Theatre Workshop at Foxboro Recreation Department
The Foxboro Recreation Department will be holding a Musical Theatre Workshop for children beginning on Sunday, Sept. 9 and continuing each Sunday through Nov. 4 from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. at St. Mary’s Church.
The workshop is open to kids entering grade one through grade five. Thirty-five children will have the chance to perform a full musical (roughly 30 minutes in length), complete with scripts, costumes, props and sets. Boys and girls will be introduced to the fascinating and wonderful world of musical theater. Directed by Laura Canfield, “101 Dalmatians” will cover a full range of acting, dancing and singing skills. Canfield will also be assisted by several middle and high school students, who have worked and performed, in previous shows.
Show date is Friday, Nov. 9th at the Burrell Elementary School (there will be two performances in one evening). There will be two dress rehearsals held at the Burrell, during the week of the show (times will be announced).
Tuition is $160 per child (over 35 hours of instruction with two performances).
Contact Donna for more information at 508-543-7255 or Laura Canfield at firstname.lastname@example.org.