5 Things for Sept. 19: No Citations Issued During Sunday’s Parking Ban, Medical Software Business Moving to Foxborough and More
Here's five things you need to know today in Foxborough: Expect rain, mainly before noon; Foxborough Police Chief Edward O'Leary provides an update on the town's parking ban; Meditech coming to town and more.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. A Rainy Wednesday Expected in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for rain, mainly before noon. High near 66. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. Wednesday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 47. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
2. Foxborough Police Issue No Citations During Sunday’s Parking Ban
Foxborough Police Chief Edward O’Leary said there were no citations issued Sunday to residents in violation of the parking bylaw, which prohibits residents from parking vehicles on their properties for a fee during Gillette Stadium events with expected crowds larger than 15,000.
“Officers did monitor it and there were no obvious parking operations but we will be working with the building commissioner as we go forward to make sure we cut down on what’s going on,” O’Leary said.
3. Warriors Game Day:
The following Foxborough High School teams will be in action Wednesday:
- Boys’ soccer travels to Mansfield for a 3:30 p.m. match
- Boys’ golf hosts Attleboro for a 3:30 p.m. match
For results and expanded schedules, check out Patch's Warriors Scoreboard here.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- 10:30 a.m. - Fall Fun – Strollercize: Enjoy a free family fitness program brought to you by Brigham and Women’s/Mass General Healthcare Center.
- 11 a.m. - Fall Fun - Face Painting at Old Navy: Visit Old Navy where the face painters will make you look cool.
- 3 to 4 p.m. - Kidville Krafts: Join Kidville from 3 to 4 p.m. for free summer crafts and discounted playspace rates.
- 6 to 8 p.m. - Beer Dinner at Skipjack's: Come to Skipjack's and enjoy four courses and five craft beers for only $50 per person.
- 7 to 10 p.m. - Live Music at Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro: Welcome Matt Michinzie to Tastings' Music Series’ stage.
5. Meditech Moving to Foxborough
Medical Information Technology, Inc. (Meditech) is coming to Foxborough, according to a report on Mass High Tech’s website.
The provider-centered medical software business recently announced it will spend the next 18 months readying its new space - a vacant building at 1 Constitution Wy. in Foxborough, according to Mass High Tech.
Meditech is currently operating out of Freetown. Meditech was founded in 1969 and provides “integrated software products for hospitals, ambulatory care centers, physicians' offices, long-term care and behavioral health facilities, and home health organizations,” according to Mass High Tech. Meditech employs more than 3,000 people.