5 Things for Sept. 10: FHS Sports, Mayo Bowl, Ride 2 Recovery Minuteman Challenge and More
Here's five things you need to know today in Foxborough: The Foxborough High School girls' soccer and field hockey teams will host North Attleboro Monday at 3:30 p.m. Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo will hold his third annual "Mayo Bowl" at Kings in Dedham
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Mostly Sunny Monday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for mostly sunny, with a high near 70. North wind 8 to 14 mph. Monday night: Clear, with a low around 46. Northwest wind around 7 mph.
2. Third Annual Mayo Bowl to be Held in Dedham
On Monday, New England Patriots star linebacker Jerod Mayo will host his third annual "Mayo Bowl," a celebrity bowling tournament at Kings in Dedham to raise funds for “Pitching in for Kids” and Boston Medical Center.
Schedule of Events
- 6 p.m. – Red Carpet & Team Check-in
- 7:15 p.m. – Bowling Tournament Begins
- 9:05 p.m. – Live Auction
- 9:30 p.m. – Awards Ceremony
Last year's Mayo Bowl raised more than $100,000 for Pitching in for Kids.
3. Warriors’ Game Day:
- The Foxborough High School boys’ soccer team travels to North Attleboro for a 3:30 p.m. match
- The Foxborough High School girls’ soccer team hosts North Attleboro for a 3:30 p.m. match
- The Foxborough High School field hockey team hosts North Attleboro for a 3:30 p.m. game
4. Patriot Place Events:
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Ride 2 Recovery Minuteman Challenge: Injured veterans on bicycles will visit Gillette Stadium on the first ride 2 Recovery Minuteman Challenge. Veterans, troops, and supporters ride bicycles, recumbents and hand cycles through Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York and New Jersey.
- 6 to 9 p.m. - "Fun" Raiser at Fanautical: Shop at Fanautical Monday, Sept. 10th from 6 to 9 p.m. and 10 percent of all SAILS go to The Alzheimer's Association.
5. Neponset Choral Society Open Rehearsals in Foxborough
The Neponset Choral Society begins its 64th season with open rehearsals Monday, Sept. 10 and 17. Featuring Missa Brevis by Palestrina for its December concert, rehearsals are held on Monday evenings from 7:30 to 10 p.m. at St. Marks Episcopal Church, 116 South St., Foxborough. To hear the choir and get to know everyone, visit its website at www.ncschorus.org. The choir will be holding open rehearsals on Monday, Sept.10and 17.