5 Things for Oct. 2: Oktoberfest Food Tasting, Town Manager Talks Town Hall and More
Here's five things you need to know today in Foxborough: NWS calls for a slight chance of showers beginning at 3 p.m. in town, Tri-Town Chamber’s annual Oktoberfest Food Tasting is tonight at Mansfield Crossing, Board of Selectmen meet and more.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect Showers Tuesday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a slight chance of showers after 3 p.m. Increasing clouds, with a high near 72. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Tuesday night: A chance of showers, mainly after 7 p.m. Cloudy, with a low around 60. Light south wind. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
2. Oktoberfest' Food Tasting at Mansfield Crossing Tuesday
Mansfield Crossing will be transformed into a food lover’s paradise on Tuesday, Oct. 2nd, when the Tri-Town Chamber of Commerce hosts its annual Oktoberfest.
The popular Oktoberfest program brings together dozens of local restaurants and food service providers in one place to share savory samplings of their most requested menu items. Among last year’s offerings were appetizers and hors d’oeuvres such as Chicken Paella with lemon-scented rice, sweet red peppers, artichoke hearts and tomatoes and Lobster Bisque and Bourbon Chicken. In addition, two massage therapists from Wicked Good Chiropractic of Mansfield will provide on-site chair massages, and local musicians will provide delightful background music.
The 2012 Oktoberfest is about more than filling one’s plate with delicious dining options. Proceeds from the event benefit food pantries in the Tri-Town’s communities of Foxborough, Mansfield and Norton, including Discretionary Fund, Foxborough, Our Daily Bread, Mansfield and Cupboard of Kindness, Norton.
The program will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Tickets are $15.
For more information, click here.
3. Board of Selectmen Meet Tuesday at 7 p.m.
The Board of Selectmen is expected to discuss the town’s emergency preparedness handbook with Health Agent Pauline Clifford at Tuesday’s meeting. Also on the agenda, Town Manager Kevin Paicos will discuss Town Hall repairs finance plan and the board is expected to go into executive session at the conclusion of the public meeting to discuss union contracts and real estate. To view the meeting’s agenda, click here.
4. Warriors Game Day:
The following Foxborough High School teams will be in action Tuesday:
- Boys’ golf travels to Oliver Ames in Easton for a 3:30 p.m. match
- Boys’ and girls’ cross country teams compete against Sharon for a 3:45 p.m. meet
For results and expanded schedules, check out Patch's Warriors Scoreboard here.
5. Patriot Place Events:
- 11 a.m. - Storytime at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Meet Pat Patriot at Kids Club Storytime Tuesday.
- 6:30 p.m. - Octoberfest Beer Dinner at CBS Scene: Enjoy a six-course menu with Goose Island pairings for only $55 per person. Call (508) 203-2200 to make your reservation.
- 7 p.m. - Tuesday Night Tasting – Sustainable vs. Organic: Tastings will be pouring some incredible wines from Austria, California and South Africa that meet the stringent sustainability/organic certification processes.