Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Sunny Thursday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for sunny, with a high near 58. West wind 9 to 13 mph. Thursday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 43. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
2. Meditech Bringing 500 Jobs to Foxborough Office Space
Medical Information Technology, Inc. (Meditech) is expected to bring 500 jobs to its Foxborough location at 1 Constitution Wy., according to the Associated Press. The medical record-keeping systems company employs over 3,000 people across its nine locations, including five in Massachusetts, providing “integrated software products for hospitals, ambulatory care centers, physicians' offices, long-term care and behavioral health facilities, and home health organizations,” according to Mass High Tech.
Meditech reportedly purchased the Foxborough property for just under $20 million, according to The Sun Chronicle. The company is expected to spend the next 18 months renovating the 26-acre site into an office and conference center.
To read the Associated Press’ article on Meditech’s move to Foxborough in its entirety, click here.
3. Africa’s Watoto Children’s Choir Visits Foxborough
The Watoto Children’s Choir traveling from Africa has kicked off its five-month Eastern U.S tour and on Thursday, Oct. 11 will make a stop in Foxborough.
The children's choir will be visiting Foxborough's Bethany Congregational Church on Thursday, Oct. 11 at 7 p.m. All performances are free and open to the public.
The Watoto Children’s Choir acts as Watoto ambassadors to raise awareness about the plight of the orphaned and vulnerable children of Africa. Watoto is a holistic child-care solution initiated to serve the dire needs of Africa and her people.
Each of the children in the choir has suffered the loss of one or both parents. They live in Watoto Children’s Villages where they receive the care and nurture they need to grow up as productive citizens of their own country.
With vibrant, original African music; dance routines; life-transforming stories, the tours is indicative of the new generation of leaders emerging out of Watoto.
4. Warriors Game Day:
The following Foxborough High School teams will be in action Thursday:
- Girls’ volleyball travels to Wrentham to face King Philip at 4:45 p.m.
For results and expanded schedules, check out Patch's Warriors Scoreboard here.
5. Patriot Place Events:
- 6 p.m. - Fun and Games with 5Wits: Join 5Wits for a night of fun and games. Try some of its favorite board and card games and have a chance to take them home for a steal.
- 6 p.m. - Fall Fun - Kettlebells with Impact Fitness: Train with Impact Fitness and learn basic moves with kettlebells that will make you a better athlete.
- 7 p.m. - Live Music at Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro: Welcome Fil Pacino to Tastings' Music Series stage.
- 8 p.m. - Dustin Lynch at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: Dustin Lynch is a native of Tullahoma, Tenn., whose musical influences include Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks and Clint Black.
- 8 p.m. - Jars of Clay perform at Showcase Live: Jars of Clay began in 1990 when a band of eager, but completely unprepared, young musicians came together in a sort of "dormitory acoustic group" at Greenville College in Illinois.
- 9 p.m. - LEVEL ONE at CBS Scene: Stop by Patriot Place’s nightclub at CBS Scene to dance the night away.