5 Things for Nov. 8: Foxborough High School Fall Jazz Concert, Winter Advisory Issued, Planning Board Meeting and More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Nov. 8.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Rainy, Windy Thursday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 9 a.m. High near 42. Breezy, with a north wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. Thursday night: A chance of rain and snow showers, mainly before 10 p.m. Patchy fog before 8 p.m. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Northwest wind 10 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
2. Foxborough High School’s Fall Jazz Concert is Tonight
Foxborough High School will hold its fall jazz concert at 7 p.m. in the FHS auditorium.
3. Foxborough Planning Board Meets to Review Warrant Articles
Foxborough’s Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall to discuss the following business:
- Proposed subdivision off Oak Street
- Proposed turf field project
- Four warrant articles sponsored by Planning Board
- Master Plan
4. NWS Issues Winter Advisory in Foxborough
Wednesday's snowstorm in Foxborough has prompted the National Weather Service to issue a Winter Advisory effective through Thursday morning. The advisory says:
Accumulating snow followed by the potential for some light freezing rain. Snow accumulation of 1 to 5 inches possible along with around a trace of ice. Snow will continue across the region through the overnight hours. The precipitation will change to areas of light rain or light freezing rain toward daybreak. Untreated roads will be snow covered and slippery. Winds of 15 to 25 mph expected with gusts up to 40 mph.
5. Patriot Place Events:
- 6:30 p.m. - Around the World with Cameron Hughes: Join Tastings for a wine dinner with Cameron Hughes. Enjoy a 6-course meal paired with wine, as well as a reception with wine.