5 Things for Nov. 7: Obama Re-Elected, Chance of Snow, Town Warrant Articles and More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Nov. 7.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. NWS Reports Chance of Snow Wednesday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for A chance of rain and snow before noon, then rain. High near 43. Breezy, with a northeast wind 14 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. Little or no snow accumulation expected. Wednesday night: Rain. Patchy fog after 3 a.m. Low around 35. Breezy, with a north wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
2. Obama Re-Elected as President and Foxborough Election Day Results
President Barack Obama was re-elected Tuesday, but in Foxborough, Gov. Mitt Romney received the most support – by a small margin - from voters. Click here for more Foxborough results.
3. MCAS Retests and Jazz Auditions at Foxborough High School
MCAS ELA retests will take place today at Foxborough High School as will the SE Jazz auditions.
4. Foxborough Advisory Committee Meets
Foxborough’s Advisory Committee will meet Wednesday to discuss proposed warrant articles for the Special Town Meeting on Dec. 11. The meeting will be held at the Andrew Gala Meeting Room of Town Hall at 7 p.m.
5. Patriot Place Events:
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Gresh and Zo Ticket Giveaway at CBS Scene: Stop by CBS Scene for lunch every Wednesday during the LIVE Gresh & Zo broadcasts and enter to win a pair of tickets to a Patriots home game.