5 Things for Nov. 28: Powerball Jackpot is $500M, Holiday Workshop, Advisory Committee Meeting and More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Nov. 28.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. A Mix of Rain and Snow Expected in Foxborough Wednesday
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a chance of snow before noon, then a slight chance of rain between noon and 1 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Wednesday night: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 23. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
2. What Would You Do if You Won the $500 million Powerball Jackpot?
For the last two months, no one has been lucky to win the Powerball lottery.
So Wednesday's estimated jackpot is $500 million, and likely to go even higher as a buying frenzy has begun.
At $500 million, it would be the largest jackpot in Powerball history.
Powerball is pulled Wednesdays and Fridays. The Powerball lottery is played in 42 states, including Massachusetts and all six New England states.
According to Powerball, the odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 175 million. The odds of getting all 5 numbers and not the Powerball, earning $1 million, is 1 in 5 million.
So Foxborough, we want to know … what would you do with $500 million? Tell us in the comments section!
3. Foxborough’s Advisory Committee to Meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall
Foxborough's Advisory Committee will meet to discuss Special Town Warrant articles, including Article 6, which would fund the construction of a community artificial turf field at Foxborough High School.
4. Burrell Elementary School Holiday Workshop
Burrell School will be holding a holiday workshop at 6 p.m. at the elementary school.
5. Patriot Place Events:
- Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops: Enjoy a free photo with Santa, games crafts and more at Santa’s Wonderland.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Gresh and Zo Ticket Giveaway at CBS Scene: Stop by CBS Scene for lunch every Wednesday during the LIVE Gresh & Zo broadcasts and enter to win a pair of tickets to a Patriots home game.
- 4 p.m. - Winter Wonder 2012 - Reptile Show: Join Patriot Place for its free Reptile Show! You can experience direct contact with live animals, artifacts, and fascinating stories about the animals and their natural habitats.
- 7 to 10 p.m. - Live Music at Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro: Welcome Fil Pacino to Tastings' Music Series’ stage.