5 Things for Nov. 23: Black Friday, Medflight Brings Santa to Patriot Place, UMass Football and More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Nov. 23.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Sunny Black Friday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for patchy fog before 10 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 54. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Friday night: A chance of showers, mainly between 3 and 5 a.m. Patchy fog after 8 p.m. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 40. Light and variable wind becoming west around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
2. Santa Claus to Make Dramatic Arrival at Patriot Place on Black Friday
Santa Claus is scheduled to greet kids at Patriot Place in Foxborough at 8 a.m. on Black Friday, but his sleigh is in the shop. To ensure his safe and timely arrival from the North Pole, Boston MedFlight, a non-profit critical care transport service, has offered him a ride.
Kids will watch Santa touch down at Patriot Place from the patio of the Renaissance Hotel & Spa, which will serve hot chocolate, coffee, tea and cookies in his honor. In addition to being a unique Black Friday family activity, the event will raise awareness about the life-saving critical care transport services Boston MedFlight provides.
3. Black Friday Shopping in Foxborough
Today is the biggest shopping event of the year – Black Friday and Foxborough businesses are participating in the day after Thanksgiving event. For a complete guide to Black Friday at Patriot Place, click here. Patch also encourages the community to shop local on “Main Street” and take advantage of deals being offered by the town’s small businesses in advance of Saturday’s Small Business shopping event.
4. Foxborough Scouts Christmas Tree Sale Begins on Dec. 1
Foxborough Troop 7 will begin its Christmas tree sale on Saturday, Dec. 1 at 6 Central St. from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Trees start at $15.
5. Patriot Place Events:
- Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops: Enjoy a free photo with Santa, games crafts and more at Santa’s Wonderland.
- 3 p.m. - UMass Football at Gillette Stadium: Come watch UMass take on Central Michigan University at Gillette Stadium. This will be the Minutemen’s regular season finale at Gillette Stadium.
- 9:30 p.m. - RUBIX KUBE at Showcase Live: RUBIX KUBE has taken New York City and surrounding boroughs by storm, headlining weekly at NYC's premiere live music venue, Canal Room, EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT, as well as playing many other great venues regularly