5 Things for Nov. 21: Santa Coming to Patriot Place Friday, Children’s Book Collection at Boyden Library and More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Nov. 21.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Mostly Cloudy Wednesday with a High Near 50 in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. North wind around 8 mph. Wednesday night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. North wind around 6 mph
2. Santa Claus to Make Dramatic Arrival at Patriot Place on Black Friday
Santa Claus is scheduled to greet kids at Patriot Place in Foxborough at 8 a.m. on Black Friday, but his sleigh is in the shop. To ensure his safe and timely arrival from the North Pole, Boston MedFlight, a non-profit critical care transport service, has offered him a ride.
Kids will watch Santa touch down at Patriot Place from the patio of the Renaissance Hotel & Spa, which will serve hot chocolate, coffee, tea and cookies in his honor. In addition to being a unique Black Friday family activity, the event will raise awareness about the life-saving critical care transport services Boston MedFlight provides.
3. Follow Foxborough High football on Thanksgiving LIVE
The Foxborough High football team (7-3) travels to Mansfield (7-3) Thursday at 10 a.m. in the annual Thanksgiving Day football game between the two rivals.
Can't make it to the game? Traveling for the holiday? Need to make last-minute preparations for Thanksgiving dinner?
Why wait until the following day or the following week to find out who won? Why even wait until after the game?
You can follow all the action, as it happens, with our live blog, which will be posted on the site in time for Thursday's Thanksgiving game. You will also be able to keep tabs on the other teams in the Hockomock League, so be sure to join us Thanksgiving morning.
4. Holiday Children’s Book Collection at Boyden Library
The Boyden Library Children’s Department is now accepting contributions of new children’s books, which will be donated to the Foxboro Discretionary Fund during the month of December. Books must be newly purchased and should be of interest to children from infancy to age 12. Hardcover and paperback books are welcome. Drop off your unwrapped donations before Dec. 13 at the Children’s Desk at the Boyden Library’s temporary location at the offices of Chestnut Green.
5. Patriot Place Events:
- Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops: Enjoy a free photo with Santa, games crafts and more at Santa’s Wonderland.
- 5:30 to 10 a.m. - Annual Karlson and McKenzie "Turkey Meat and Greet": It's a Thanksgiving tradition. Join WZLX's Karlson & McKenzie for a LIVE broadcast and free turkey dinner. All are invited for a completely free turkey dinner for breakfast.
- 7 to 10 p.m. - Live Music at Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro: Welcome Matt Michienzie to Tastings' Music Series stage.
- 8 p.m. - Due West at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: Due West is an American country music group founded in Nashville, the heart of country. These three musicians perform with energy, charisma and harmony. This is one show you cannot miss.
- 9 p.m. - Thanksgiving Eve Celebration With DJ Plan B: Join Patriot Place’s DJ Plan B on Level One the night before Thanksgiving. Playing the best in Pop, 80's, Top 40 and Hip Hop.