5 Things for Nov. 2: Hurricane Sandy Could be Most Expensive Storm in History, Foxborough Field Hockey Begins Tourney Play and More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Nov. 2.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect Chance of Showers with a High Near 52 in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a slight chance of showers after 1 p.m. Cloudy, with a high near 52. West wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Friday night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. West wind around 9 mph.
2. Hurricane Sandy Could be Most Expensive Storm in History
Hurricane Sandy may turn out to be the most expensive storm to hit the U.S. - causing damage to 15 states and power outages to over 8 million people, according to AccuWeather.com. Damage is estimated to exceed $50 billion.
3. Dooley Disposal Services Picking Up Paper Leaf Bags Saturday
Dooley Disposal Services will be picking up to 10 paper leaf bags on Saturday, Nov. 3. Dooley will also pick up the leaves from the curb if they are set out in trash barrels. However, do not put leaves in plastic bags. Be sure all paper leaf bags and/or trash barrels (with no plastic bag liner) are at the curb no later than 7 a.m. Saturday. Note, this service is for Dooley customers only.
4. Warriors’ Game Day
The following Foxborough High School teams are in action today:
- Field hockey opens the 2012 MIAA Div. 2 South State Tournament with a first round game against Cohasset at Foxborough High School at 2:30 p.m.
- Football hosts East Bridgewater at Ahern Field at 7 p.m. Foxborough Patch will provide live coverage of the game through Patch’s Cover it LIVE blog. Log on at 7 p.m. to follow the action.
5. Patriot Place Events
The following events are happening at Patriot Place today:
- 10:30 a.m. - Fall Fun - Stroll2BFit: Free family fitness program brought to you by Brigham and Women’s / Mass General Healthcare Center.
- 6 p.m. - 20,000 Leagues - Lights OUT: Are you brave enough to visit Captain Nemo’s abandoned submarine with nothing but a flashlight and your wits to guide you through its pitch black chambers? Find out at 5Wits!
- 9:30 p.m. - Stephanie Hanson at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: Stephanie Hansen and her band have evolved into one of the hottest country bands to hit New England. Together they will continue to capture the hearts and appreciation of country music fans.