5 Things for Nov. 12: Observing Veterans Day, Foxborough Cheerleaders to Compete at Disney, Winter Skate and More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Nov. 12.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Sunny Monday with a High Near 68 in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for sunny, with a high near 68. South wind 7 to 11 mph. Monday night: A chance of showers, mainly after 11 p.m. Patchy fog after 10 p.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
2. Foxborough Observing Veterans Day Monday
Veterans Day was Sunday but many will be observing the federal holiday Monday. Here’s what you need to know about Veterans Day in Foxborough Monday:
- Click here to find out what’s closed in Foxborough on Veterans Day
- Click here to view a compilation of Veterans Day meals, deals and events.
- Foxborough Public Schools are closed
- Want to thank a veteran for his or her service? Click here.
3. Foxborough Pop Warner A Squad Cheerleaders Place Second in Regionals
On Saturday, the Foxborough Pop Warner A and C cheer squads competed at Regionals in Springfield. The FMF A squad placed second, according to Foxborough Patch Facebook fan, Robin Naughton DelGreco. Foxborough advances to compete at Disney in December. DelGreco says the cheerleading squad will be holding fundraisers around town to help finance the trip. More details to come.
4. Winter Skate Sneak Peek will be Held Monday at Patriot Place
Winter Skate at Patriot Place, which opens to the public on Nov. 16, will be open for a sneak peek Monday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The popular outdoor ice skating venue at Patriot Place provides a publicly accessible ice-skating surface for ideal outdoor entertainment for all ages.
The 60-by-140-foot, professionally-maintained ice surface is specifically designed for recreational skating and features an observation deck for non-skaters. The surface is large enough to accommodate recreational skating, hockey and private events.
To celebrate the return of Winter Skate, Patriot Place and Harvard Pilgrim will offer free skating from Monday, Nov. 19 through Wednesday, Nov. 21 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. for anyone who brings a new or gently used coat donation for Cradles to Crayons. After Nov. 21, Winter Skate will continue to collect coat donations as part of the Cradles to Crayons Coat Drive at Patriot Place until Feb. 28, and patrons who donate will receive $2 off admission.
“Winter Skate at Patriot Place could not have a better partner and sponsor than Harvard Pilgrim,” said Patriot Place General Manager Brian Earley. “Winter Skate is about getting outdoors and experiencing a healthy winter activity with family and friends.”
Winter Skate will offer public skating from 4 to 9 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, 4 to 11 p.m. on Fridays, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturdays and all school holidays, and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sundays. Winter Skate will be open until late February. Parking is free and concessions and bathrooms are available.
Standard skating price is $8 for adults and $6 for children 12 and under and seniors 65 and over. Harvard Pilgrim members receive a $2 off admission by showing their membership card. On-site skate rentals are $4. Full season passes for families are $100.
Individual season passes are $75 for adults and $60 for children and seniors. Individual admission and season passes do not include skate rentals. Group rates, private events and hockey rentals are available by calling 508-203-2100 or by e-mail at WinterSkate@Patriot-Place.com.
For more information, visit http://www.patriot-place.com/winterskate.aspx.
5. Patriot Place Events:
- Animal Adventures: Experience an animal program that is both fun and educational presented by an expert “Adventure Guide.” Meet the animals, hear interesting stories and ask questions. Located at the Patriot Place Activity Center (Across from Charming Charlie and Kidville in the North Retail).
- Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops: Enjoy a free photo with Santa, games crafts and more at Santa’s Wonderland.
- 1 p.m. - Silver Screen Classics at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Enjoy a Silver Screen Classic with popcorn and a soda for just $2.