5 Things for July 23: Liverpool Players Visit, Trader Joe’s Update and More …
Here's five things you need to know today in Foxborough: Meet and greet with Liverpool FC players, scattered showers and thunderstorms, a look ahead at town meetings this week and more ...
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Scattered Showers and Thunderstorms Likely with a High near 82
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 11 a.m. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. Cloudy, with a high near 82. Southwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Monday night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
2. Liverpool FC Players to Visit We Got Soccer; Sign Autographs
Soccer fans won’t want to miss this! Liverpool FC players Daniel Agger, Joe Cole, Lucas Leiva, and Martin Skrtel will be in Foxborough Monday at We Got Soccer at 99 Washington St. off Route 1 from 3 to 4 p.m. signing autographs. The Reds take on Toronto FC at the Rogers Centre in Toronto on July 21, Italian giant AS Roma at Fenway Park in Boston on July 25, and English Premier League rival Tottenham Hotspur at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore on July 28 as part of LFC's 2012 North America Tour. Boston is serving as Liverpool FC's home base throughout the tour and the team is conducting its pre-season training sessions at Harvard Stadium.
3. Update on Trader Joe’s Coming to Foxborough
Construction of a Trader Joe’s specialty grocery store is underway at the space formerly occupied by Circuit City at Patriot Place between Christmas Tree Shops and Staples. The Sun Chronicle reported over the weekend that Trader Joe’s is hoping to open in Foxborough on Sept. 7. Click here to read more from the Chronicle. According to a press release from Patriot Place in January, the 16,000-square-foot store will be Trader Joe’s 18th Massachusetts location, and the only within a 15-mile radius of Foxborough. The store will feature a festive décor that mixes traditional Trader Joe’s elements, such as cedar covered walls and Hawaiian motifs, with a local flair that includes art celebrating the Town of Foxborough and the New England Patriots. Foxborough Patch will be providing more updates on Trader Joe’s expected opening in September and take a closer look at what the grocery store will bring to town.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- 10 a.m. - Summer Sensation 2012 - Kids' Yoga Session: Erin Mann of Keyogi Kids is an early childhood educator that leads children in fun and playful yoga classes.
- 11 a.m. - Summer Sensation 2012 - Creation Station: Join Patriot Place for hands-on art activities that explore a wide range of art media and tools. Today you can make Finger Puppets.
- 3 p.m. - Summer Sensation 2012 - Reptile Show: You can experience direct contact with live animals, artifacts, and fascinating stories about the animals and their natural habitats.
- 8 p.m. - FX Boston Party at Showcase Live: FX, the top High School Party in New England. Join high schoolers from all over Greater Boston and beyond for a dance party clubnight that you just can't get anywhere else.
5. This Week's Town Meeting Schedule
Tuesday will be a busy day around town with the School Committee and Board of Selectmen meeting. Click here for the full schedule of meetings taking place this week in Foxborough.