5 Things for July 19: Concerts on the Common, Teddy Bear Picnic, Farmers’ Market and More …
Here's five things you need to know today in Foxborough: Boyden Library’s Teddy Bear Picnic on the Common, a Farmers’ Market at Patriot Place and Concerts on the Commons and more …
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect Partly Sunny Conditions with a High Near 84 in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for patchy fog before 8 a.m. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 84. North wind 5 to 8 mph. Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. Light northeast wind.
2. Teddy Bear Picnic on the Common
Boyden Library’s annual Teddy Bear Picnic is scheduled to take place on the Foxboro Common Thursday at 10 a.m., according to Margi Rossetti, Children's Librarian.
“Bring a blanket, your best bear or stuffed animal and a morning snack,” Rossetti said. “Entertainment will be provided by Miss Tina Stone.”
The picnic will be used to help jump start the Boyden Library’s Holiday Discretionary Fund Book Drive, according to Rossetti and participants are invited to contribute a new children’s book.
Rossetti asks that those planning to attend leave their pets at home for “public safety reasons.”
The event is sponsored by the Friends of the Boyden Library and is free to the public.
Note: Bathroom facilities will not be available during the picnic and the rain date will be July 26 for the event.
3. Concerts on the Common Presents ‘Victims of Gravity’
Victims of Gravity will be performing Thursday night in The Jaycees Concert on the Commons summer series. The concert begins at 7 p.m. on Foxborough’s Common. Those planning to attend are invited to bring a blanket or chair and join the community for a night of great music. The Jaycees will also have candy, soda and other snacks for sale. Thursday’s concert is sponsored by OnTip Gloves.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- 11 a.m. - Summer Sensation 2012 - Bounce Houses: Located outside of Red Robin, enjoy great views of Gillette Stadium as the kids bounce the day away. Dates and times for this activity are subject to change and is weather permitting.
- 3-6 p.m. - Summer Sensation 2012 - Caricatures by Fun Enterprises: Artists will turn a blank sheet of paper into a humorous caricature sketch in minutes. Choose from either our full-color or black and white sketches.
- 3-6 p.m. – Farmers’ Market at Patriot Place: Attend the Patriot Place Farmers’ Market featuring the freshest and finest from local growers and purveyors across New England.
5. The Sage School Open House
An admission Open House will be held on Thursday, July 19, from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Sage School on Mechanic Street in Foxboro. Tours can be scheduled at any time through the Admission Office, (508) 543-9619, or email@example.com. Visit www.sageschool.org for more information.