5 Things for July 12: Dinosaurs, Farmers' Market, Car Show and More
Here's five things you need to know today in Foxborough: Boyden Library presents a fun event about fossils and dinosaurs, Patriot Place is hosting a farmers' market and car show and more ...
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Thursday's Weather in Foxborough Calls for Sunny with a High Near 86
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for patchy fog before 7 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 86. Light northeast wind becoming east 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Thursday night: Patchy fog after 2 a.m. Otherwise, clear, with a low around 60. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
2.Boyden Library Presents Fun with Fossils and Dinosaurs with Paulette Morin
The Boyden Library Children Department presents Fun with Fossils and Dinosaurs with Paulette Morin today at 2 p.m. at the Foxboro Recreation Building. Ages 4-12 welcome to participate. Learn the who, what, when and where of dinosaurs and our prehistoric past. Examine Over 100 specimens and Learn how to find fossils of your own. Register at the Boyden Library by calling (508) 543-1246. The event is free and sponsored by the Friends of the Boyden Library in cooperation with the Foxboro Recreation Department.
3. Thursday's Concert on the Common Presents Jumpin Juba — Sponsored by Mayfair Realty
Each summer, the Jaycees present a series of free concerts on the common. Tonight, between 7 and 9 p.m., you can watch Jumpin Juba perform and enjoy a night of music and fun. Bring a blanket or chair and join your community and friends for a night of great music. The Jaycees will also have candy, soda and other goodies for sale. Thursday's concert is sponsored by Mayfair Realty.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- 3-6 p.m. - Farmers Market at Patriot Place: Attend the Patriot Place Farmers Market featuring the freshest and finest from local growers and purveyors across New England. Market is held outside Life is Good.
- 4:30 p.m. - Mass Cruisers Auto Club - Fee Cruise Night: The Mass Cruisers Auto Club, Bass Pro Shops and Patriot Place want you to once again enjoy your evening of cruising nostalgia and fun.
- 6 p.m. - Fun and Games with 5Wits: Join 5Wits for a night of fun and games. Try some of its favorite board and card games and have a chance to take them home for a steal.
- 11 a.m. - Summer Sensation 2012 - Bounce Houses: Located outside of Red Robin, enjoy great views of Gillette Stadium as the kids bounce the day away. Dates and times for this activity are subject to change and is weather permitting.
- 3-6 p.m. - Summer Sensation 2012 - Caricatures by Fun Enterprises: Artists will turn a blank sheet of paper into a humorous caricature sketch in minutes. Choose from either our full-color or black & white sketches.
- 1-5 p.m. - Free Family Summer Camp Workshops: Come to Bass Pro Shops for a free s’mores cookout, shooting range, shooting arcade, casting targets, free crafts, free photo and more.
- 9:30 p.m. - Thirty 6 Red appearing at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: This New England band performs a wide variety of Rock and Roll covers spanning the decades.
- 7-10 p.m. - Live Music at Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro: Three of a Kind will perform live at Tastings Thursday.
5. Did You Miss Any Headlines from a Busy Day Around Foxborough?
Wednesday was a busy day on Foxborough Patch - here's a quick look at the top headlines from yesterday in case you missed anything: