5 Things for Dec. 4: Selectmen Meeting, Coffee with FHS Principal, Joe Kennedy Weds and More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Dec. 4.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Partly Sunny Tuesday with a High Near 53 in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 53. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon. Tuesday night: Showers, mainly after 2 a.m. Patchy fog after 8 p.m. Low around 48. Southwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
2. Foxborough’s Board of Selectmen to Meet Tuesday
Foxborough’s Board of Selectmen will meet Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Andrew Gala Meeting Room of Town Hall to discuss the following town business:
- Alcohol license renewal affidavits
- Year-end insurance loss control program
- FY14 budget goals
- Non-union personnel negotiations
- Request from Walpole Board of Selectmen to support to pass legislation that would delay the effective date of Question #3, the “medical marijuana” law that passed state election in November.
3. Coffee with the Foxborough High School Principal
Stop by Foxborough High School Tuesday from 9 to 11 a.m. for coffee with FHS principal Diana Myers-Pachla.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops: Enjoy a free photo with Santa, games crafts and more at Santa’s Wonderland.
- Help the Foxborough Food Pantry at Old Navy: From now through Dec. 19 Old Navy will be collecting non-perishable food items to benefit the Foxborough Food Pantry. Help those in need this holiday season and make a donation today.
- 11 a.m. - Storytime at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Meet SPONGEBOB at Kids Club Storytime Tuesday.
5. Congressman-Elect Joe Kennedy III Weds in California
Just a month after he clinched the Fourth Congressional District seat, Joseph Kennedy III celebrated another important milestone on Saturday: His wedding.
Kennedy, 32, wed fellow Harvard Law School classmate Lauren Anne Birchfield at the Community Church in Corona del Mar, Calif., My Fox Boston reported Monday.
The ceremony was officiated by Birchfield's father, the Rev. Jim Birchfield, My Fox Boston reported.
Kennedy, a Democrat, defeated Republican Sean Bielat last month for the Fourth District seat to represent Foxborough in Congress. The seat is currently held by retiring Congressman Barney Frank (D-Newton).
Kennedy is the son of former Congressman Joseph Kennedy II and the grandson of the late Robert F. Kennedy. He is a former assistant district attorney for Middlesex County and the Cape/Islands.
This is the second wedding this year for the Fourth District seat; Rep. Frank married longtime partner Jim Ready in July at a ceremony in Newton.