5 Things for Dec. 10: FMF Cheerleaders Place 5th at Nationals, Foxborough Baseball Coach Steps Down, Turf Field Discussion and More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Dec. 10.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Rainy Monday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for Rain. Patchy fog before 2 p.m., then Patchy fog after 3 p.m. High near 61. Southwest wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. Monday night: Showers likely, mainly before 2 a.m. Patchy fog before 11 p.m., then Patchy fog between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 41. South wind 10 to 14 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
2. Foxboro Midget Football A Team Cheerleaders Place 5th at Nationals in Florida
The Foxboro Midget Pop Warner Cheerleading A Team placed fifth out of 16 teams in a national competition held at Disney World in Orlando, Fla. this past weekend.
The FMF cheerleaders A team was the first to in town to ever qualify for the national competition. The A team, consisting of 12 girls, won the Hockomock League title and placed second in two more competitions enroute to qualifying for nationals.
3. Foxborough Baseball Coach Reportedly Steps Down
Foxborough High School varsity baseball coach Bill Sittig will not return for his third season with the Warriors this spring, according to a recent report in the Boston Herald.
The Herald says Sittig has stepped down from his position in Foxborough due to “increasing time constraints.” To read the Boston Herald’s report in its entirety, click here.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops: Enjoy a free photo with Santa, games crafts and more at Santa’s Wonderland.
- Help the Foxborough Food Pantry at Old Navy: From now through Dec. 19 Old Navy will be collecting non-perishable food items to benefit the Foxborough Food Pantry. Help those in need this holiday season and make a donation today.
- 11 a.m. - Winter Wonder - Impact Martial Arts: Designed for children 3-7 years old, this class focuses on developing balance, coordination, exercising, focus and listening skills, self-discipline, and respect for adults.
- 8:30 p.m. – Houston Texans at New England Patriots: The New England Patriots take on the Houston Texans at Gillette Stadium Monday. Click here for 5 things you need to know about the big game!
5. Capital Improvement Planning Committee to Discuss Turf Field Project
Foxborough’s Capital Improvement Planning Committee will meet at Foxborough High School’s Media Center to discuss the proposed turf field project at 4:30 p.m.