5 Things for Aug. 9: Concert on the Common, A ‘Color-ful’ Scott Zolak, Pats Game and More
Here's five things you need to know today in Foxborough: Mostly sunny with a high near 87, Foxboro Concert on the Common series continues, Boyden Library puppet show and more ...
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Mostly Sunny with a High Near 87
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 87. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon. Thursday night: Isolated showers and thunderstorms before 10 p.m., then isolated showers and thunderstorms after 2 a.m. Patchy fog after 2 a.m. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 66. South wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
2. Foxboro Jaycees’ Concert on the Common Series Continues
The Foxboro Jaycees welcome Cocabanana Band to the stage Thursday for the second to last show of the summer concert series – Concert on the Common. Thursday’s show is sponsored by the Learning Experience Foxboro. Bring a blanket or chair and join your community and friends for a night of great music. The Jaycees will also have candy, soda and other goodies for sale.
3. Scott Zolak Will Serve as Color Commentator for Patriots Radio Broadcasts on 98.5 the Sports Hub
Former New England Patriot quarterback Scott Zolak will replace Gino Cappelletti in the Patriots radio broadcast booth this booth as color commentator to longtime play-by-play man, Gil Santos. The move was announced live on 98.5 The Sports Hub and by the Patriots on Twitter Wednesday afternoon. Cappelletti announced his retirement from broadcasting after 32 years.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- 6 p.m. - Fun and Games with 5Wits: Join 5Wits at 6 p.m. for a night of fun and games. Try some of the staff’s favorite board and card games and have a chance to take them home for a steal.
- 7:30 p.m. - New England Patriots vs. New Orleans Saints (Preseason): New England Patriots take on the New Orleans Saints at Gillette Stadium in a preseason game.
- 9:30 p.m. - Thirty 6 Red appearing at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: This New England band performs a wide variety of Rock and Roll covers spanning the decades.
5. Boyden Library’s ‘Father Goose Tales’ by Jim Napolitano is Today
The Boyden Library Children's Department will present "Father Goose Tales" by Jim Napolitano of Nappy's Puppets on Thursday, Aug. 9 at the Foxboro Recreation Building at 68 Mill St. at 2 p.m. This event is sponsored by the Friends of the Boyden Library in cooperation with the Foxboro Recreation Department.
Signup for our Newsletter
Get all the latest Foxborough Patch headlines delivered right to your inbox. Click here to sign-up for our FREE email newsletter.