5 Things: Parents Night Out; AAA Travel Marketplace; Patriots Cheerleaders Hold Auditions Saturday & More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, March 1.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Chance of Snow and Rain Friday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a slight chance of snow showers before 9 a.m., then a slight chance of rain showers after 2 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. North wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Friday night: A slight chance of rain showers before 8 p.m., then a slight chance of snow showers between 8 and 9 p.m. Patchy fog after 8 p.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
2. Burrell Family Fun Day is Saturday
Join the Burrell School at 10 a.m. Saturday for its annual Burrell Family Fun Day that features games and activities for kids of all ages, including:
- Balloon Blaster
- Speed Pitch
- Bouncy Obstacle Course
- Break a Plate
- Arts and Crafts
- A Fun Salon- including nails, hair paint and tattoos
- Balloon Animals
- Refreshments: Pizza, slushies, cotton candy, bake sale, and more.
3. Foxborough Recreation Department Presents Parents Night Out Friday
The Foxborough Recreation Department will be holding a Parents Night Out event on Friday from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the CRRA Hall at 68 Mill St. Parents are encouraged to register their kids for the event so they can go out and enjoy time with their spouse or friends. Kids are asked to come in pajamas and bring a sleeping bag. Foxboro Recreation will provide pizza, snacks, crafts, games and a movie to watch. The event is for ages 5 to 11. Cost is $15 per child. Pre-registration is required for the event.
4. Patriot Place Events:
Here’s a look at today’s events at Patriot Place:
- Bass Pro Shops Spring Fishing Classic: Join Bass Pro Shops for the annual Fishing Classic now until March 10, featuring free seminars, boat specials, rod trade in, reel trade in and more. You can also enter to win a fishing trip with Tony Stewart.
- Artist's Studio & Gallery features Norton High School: The Artist's Studio & Gallery at Patriot Place hosts Norton High School displaying pieces of student art along with other artists from around the area. Stop in and check out these great pieces.
- 11 a.m. - Winter Wonder - Creation Station: Join Patriot Place for hands-on art activities that explore a wide range of art media and tools.
- 2-9 p.m. - AAA Travel Marketplace, 2-9 p.m., Gillette Stadium Putnam Club East: The best prices, values and choices are here! Save on cruises, tours, drive vacations and other vacation packages located in the Gillette Stadium Putnam Club East.
5. Patriots Cheerleaders Hold Open Auditions Saturday at 10 a.m.
The New England Patriots cheerleaders will hold an open audition for the 2013 squad on Saturday, March 2.
Women who are at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED are invited to audition. The auditions will take place in Gillette Stadium’s Dana Farber Field House. Registration begins at 10 a.m.
Candidates will perform two designated routines and a freestyle combination. They will be judged on dance ability, showmanship, overall appearance and level of physical fitness.
Judges will narrow the field to up to 65 participants to be invited back for final auditions on Saturday, March 16. For more information on the audition process can, click here.