5 Things: Ash Wednesday, Foxborough High School Concert, Lean Cuisine Recalls Ravioli & More
Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Feb. 13.
Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Mostly Sunny Wednesday with a High Near 39; Snow Coming Overnight
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for mostly sunny, with a high near 39. West wind 5 to 7 mph. Wednesday night: A chance of snow, mainly after 10 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
2. Foxborough Student Bands and Ensemble in Concert
The Foxborough High School and eighth grade concert band and wind ensemble will perform in concert at the high school auditorium from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
3. Lean Cuisine Recalls Ravioli After Glass Found in Product
If you have Lean Cuisine's Culinary Collection Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli in your freezer, don't eat it before checking the product codes.
If the box bears either production code 2311587812 or 2312587812 and the "best before date" appears as DEC 2013, then the product is part of a voluntary recall after three consumers reported finding glass fragments in the ravioli. No injuries have been reported.
According to a press release, "The entree being recalled was produced during early November, 2012. Due to its popularity, Nestle believes very little remains in retail distribution." You can find the production code look for the gray "proof of purchase" panel, located on the right end flap of the package, below the ingredient statement, the press release said.
"Consumers who may have purchased the recalled LEAN CUISINE item should not consume the product, but instead should contact Nestle Consumer Services at (866) 586-9424 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET and this Saturday, February 9, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nestle will provide a replacement coupon to reporting consumers and also may make arrangements to retrieve the product for further examination," according to the release.
4. Patriot Place Events:
Here’s a look at today’s events at Patriot Place:
- Bass Pro Shops Free Boat Show: Join Bass Pro Shops for gift card giveaways, free family activities, free insider tips from the Pros and free boating and fishing seminars.
- Fanuatical Fashion Show: Join Fanuatical from 7 to 9 p.m. for the Fanautical I Love Louie Valentine’s Day Fashion Show! Sponsored by Tribute In Stone Monument Company.
- Town Night at Winter Skate: Residents of Foxborough may simply show proof of residency at the counter and $2 of your admission will be donated back to your town’s recreation department.
5. Ash Wednesday
The first day of Lent and preparation for Easter Sunday in many Christian religions begins Wednesday. What are you giving up for Lent? Let us know in the comments section below!